The main trekking trails in Nepal like Everest, Annapurna and Langtang region is with trekking lodge which is also called local tea houses. All the tea house accommodation in Annapurna and Langtang region is simple single sharing, double and even group sharing dom. When you reach at base camp and nearby, there are limitations in teahouses and you may have to share the accommodation with other trekkers in main trekking season. The trekking season in Nepal is from March to May and September to November. All the tea houses are providing hygienic foods. Accommodation in Everest region is choice to get deluxe as well.
Describe accommodation of Everest, Annapurna, Langtang, Manslu and Tsum valley, Upper Mustang region as point.
- Tea house accommodations are typical Nepali houses made by stone, wood and TIN roof.
- Tea house lodges are typically run by family members, facilities with solar power, hot shower bath outside the room. Telephone, western toilets, small bar and WIFI too.
- Most of the rooms are without toilet inside the rooms, few rooms are attached bath with western toilet and hot shower inside.
- Most of they have separate dining hall with single big table kerosene heater inside
- Bed rooms are not heated. They provide you blanket which is not enough in altitude. It is better to bring your own sleeping bag and put blanket on top of it.
- Tea house lodges are with English sings, Food Menu and English speaking staffs.
- There is limitation in tea house lodges as you hike to altitude. Costs of the lodges are reasonable. Comparatively expensive in Everest Base Camp route
Local tea house accommodation in Machhapuchhre Base Camp. on the way to Annapurna Base Camp Trekking, Typical tea house accommodation. Gurung Cottage in Annapurna region, Ghandruk.
Some of the trekking trails are with home stay lodge. Local peoples build rooms inside their house to keep tourist. There are short trekking trails like Chepang trail trekking, Lantang tamang heritage and more. They serve very simple local foods. It is great opportunities to explore local peoples, their cultures and lifestyle
Fully camping arrangement have to be arranged in less touristic remote area trekking in Nepal. Team of all the supporters, guide, and cooks set tent as accommodation every night. 2 men tents are usually fix day by day at camp site. Separately fix dinning tent, kitchen and toilets tent. Long days trekking or newly open trekking trails are all with camping arrangement. Remote Dolpo trekking, Tashilpacha, Rolwalling, Makalu, Machhapuchhre model treks and many others are arrange as camping trekking.