Accommodation in the trip
Accommodation at 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu twin sharing. Deluxe and best available guest houses on the way in Kerung, Saga and Darchen which is for 6 nights on twin sharing. Rest of 3 nights accommodation are in basic guest houses (Mansarovar, Derapuk and Juthulpuk). Upgrading your accommodation to more than 3 star in only possible in Kathmandu.
Foods and Drinks in the Tour
Every morning breakfast in the tour is including in the cost. Lunch and Dinner is extra. You are staying in touristic hub of Nepal in Thamel and lots of touristic restaurants are around your hotel with all kind of foods. Chinese and local Tibetan restaurants are available in Kailash region. Basic Tibetan restaurants are only available during Kailash Kora days, which is for 3 days. You may spend USD 200 – 300 for your Dinner and drinks in entire tour. Bottled mineral water is available in entire tour even on the way to Kailash Parikrama.
Extra expenses in the Tour
Cost of lunch, Dinner, drinks, Personal expenses, Personal horse or helper during the Kailash Parikrama in the case of you need, any tipping is extra cost in this tour. If you are fit to walk, you do not need to take any personal helper or horse during Kailash Parikrama. In the case of any emergency evacuation, personal medical expenses are extra from tour cost.
General Packing List
You are travelling in both temperatures. During the day time before reaching at Lake Mansarovar is hot and suddenly after sunset getting cold. Days are normally windy and you are suggesting covering your body properly to safe from heavy windy
- Sleeping Bag: It is better to have your own sleeping bag. Although all the guest house and Hotel in Kailash region provide you enough blanket. Three days sleeping in basic guest houses in cold temperature is more helpful with your own sleeping bag
- Warm Jacket: Down jacket with wind and bit water proof
- Bags: One duffel bag we provide for your tour. Another comfortable hand bag need to keep your valuable goods and other important things to use during day
- Normal and warm trekking shoes
- Light shoes or sandal to use morning and evening
- Warm head cover cap
- Warm inner thermal up and down
- 1 pair warm trouser / paint
- 1 pair wind proof trouser
- 1 pair normal paint to use during your Kathmandu stay
- Light warm sweeter or jacket
- 3 pairs warm shocks
- 2 pair light shocks
- Sun cream
- Sun glass
- 2 pairs of light t-shirt
- Warm glove
What not to bring
- Any books, magazine that is about Tibet or Lama.
- Fresh fruits, Fresh vegetables
- Liquors like oil, Ghee
Special Note: With the new rules of Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, they put your original passport and other documents from our office for 3 whole working days. So your arrival in Nepal should be either at morning time of 10th June or any time in 9th June. You should handover your original passport by 12 on 10th June.
Join Saga Dawa Festival Tour from Lhasa
We also operate joining group from Lhasa. You can reach at Lhasa from your place and join our group. Or have your own private tour. It is 15 days trip counting from your arrival and till departure dates. Tour route is Lhasa, Shigatse, Everest Base Camp Kailash and back again to Lhasa. You will get chance to explore major monuments in Lhasa, Shigtase, on the way driving and be at base camp of Highest peak Mount Everest. Tour for 2019 is from 10th June and till 24th June. Arrive at Lhasa is either by train or by flight. Train to Lhasa operates from major cities of China and flights to Lhasa are from major cities of China or from Kathmandu Nepal.
Tibetan visa and permit information for Saga Dawa festival Tour
There are different rules for Tibet travel permit and Tibet visa as per your travel route. If you reach at Lhasa from mainland China and make your Tour from Lhasa to Kailash you should issue Chinese visa from your country and send us Passport scan copy and Chinese visa copy so that we can issue Tibetan travel permit and send to you. Travelling Kailash from Nepal does not need to issue Chinese visa. You only send us your passport scan copy, with that we prepare Tibet travel permit. After you land in Nepal, we need your original passport, one copy of passport size picture and have to fill an embassy form to get Tibet visa. 3 full working days are require to issue Tibet visa from Nepal.
Booking procedure and documentation for festival tour
- Nepal Highland Treks need your passport scan copy in the time of booking confirmation. As well as advance amount. It is in the case of starting your trip from Kathmandu Nepal
- If you like to start your trip from China, you need to send us your passport scan copy and Chinese visa copy
- Normal time of the booking is at least 25 days from the date of trip starting. We require booking as earlier as possible to make every thing on time.
- Start your trip from Kathmandu Nepal, need 3 full working day to prepare Tibetan visa. So your arrival should be 3 days earlier to handover your original passport. A passport size of recent picture is also require
Payment and cancellation policy
Advance payment of the tour is USD 200 per person. Rest of the tour cost is paid in the day of your arrival in Kathmandu. Advance payment can be paid by bank transfer or online (we will provide you link). Rest of the payment can be paid by any cash, Bank transfer or paying by credit card. Paying by credit card charges more 4 %.
- Cancel your tour after we apply permit in Tibet – cancelation charge is USD 200 per person
- Cancel your tour in less than a week time – cancellation charge us USD 600 per person
- Cancel your tour in less than 72 hours – cancellation charge USD 1000 per person