Hiring a guide or a porter from Lukla can be the best option for trekkers who are looking to save flight ticket cost of staff taking from Kathmandu. You also need to make sure a professional, experience and reliable guide or porter from Lukla. To ensure safe and reliable it is suggest hiring Guide, Porter or guide com porter from registered trekking company. Trekking company like Nepal highland treks has regular using guide/ porter in Lukla which are selected one. We can ensure that they are professional, experience and reliable.
Why hiring guide or porter in Everest trekking?
If you are planning to trek above 3000 meters attitude, it is important to trek with a professional guide and take porter to carry your bags. It is high mountain and risk on every step. Money can spend and earn again but your health or life cannot come back. Small mistake can be harmful in the high mountain area. Carrying your loads yourself is not the good idea and will not be enjoyable trek. Taking more information, taking cares of you personally, looking for good stay and for other help a professional guide is much helpful in the area of High Mountain during trek. Everest region is high Himalayan trekking region and trekking with professional way is more important.
Why hiring guide or porter from Lukla
The main point to hire them from Lukla is to safe staff flight ticket from to Kathmandu. Flight ticket to Lukla is not the similar as foregathers for Nepalese but it cost still high to share if you are a single trekker. For more than 3 trekkers in the group, it is suggest to take your guide from Kathmandu. Trekking to Everest region get start from Kathmandu since flight to Lukla is from Kathmandu. In the main season like October November, March April, Lukla flight change their airport.
Cost of hiring guide porter from Lukla
Cost may change and please make sure it with us once by email. Normally it is USD 25 per porter, per guide or per guide come porter per day. This cost is including their salary, foods, accommodation, personal equipment and insurance. This cost does not include tip.
Tipping is not compulsory but they expect after they did nice job. A professional staffs do care of you and make your trip success. It is also the important to make them happy from your side. They are in seasonable work and they do hard working in the mountain. The tipping idea we normally suggest 10 – 15% of your total expenses of the trip. You may spend minimum 1200 USD in Everest Base Camp Trek or other region trek inside Everest National park. Tentative expenses are calculated for your foods, accommodation, drinks, staffs and entry fees.
What to hire guide, porter or guide com porter?
If you are single trekker, it is better to hire a guide com porter, who can help you to carry your 10 – 12 kilogram of bag and leading you as a guide. For the 2 trekkers it is suitable to hire a porter and a guide. A porter from Lukla can carry 20 kilogram of your bag. Flight to Lukla from Kathmandu does allow only 10 kilogram of your main baggage so that it will be suitable to handover 20 kilogram in total. Trekking Everest without Lukla flight also is the optional program. If you are in this program, you are suggesting taking a guide from Kathmandu and porter from end of driving point. Your guide or company will manage porter
Additional information about Everest Trekking
- Everest trekking is possible without flight
- Small group joining opportunity is availalbe with us
- The best aseason to trek Everest is in autumn and spring, you still can trek in winter and summer too
- Everest trekking cost is depends on hotel category you want to stay on the way. There are luxury, semi luxury and simple tourist standard hotels available
- Trekking with guide is not compulsory but it is highly recommended
- You are only to carry total kilogram of your bags (including hand luggage) during Lukla flight
- Your Porter from Lukla can carry total 20 kg, So hiring a porter is for 2 trekkers
- Your packing list should include warm clothes that suite up to minus temperature but you still need light clothes to walk during days
- Travel insurance is not compulsory to travel Nepal and trekking Everest base camp but is for your safety in case of in emergency
- Accommodation on the way trek should reserve previously in the main trekking season like autumn and spring time
- Those who are not able to trek for long days but want to explore Everest region, you can choose Everest Helicopter tour with customization in the plan
- Short Everest trek is also possible to do it within less than a week time
- Trekking to EBC and fly back helicopter is one of the luxury ways to skip all the way trekking down through same way to Lukla