All the previous restrictions related to COVID-19 has been lifted from 10th April 2022. International travellers entering Nepal only need to show vaccination certificate. Traveller who are non vaccinated have to bring negative PCR report. Previous rules of mandetory quarantine has been removed even for non vaccinated ones. While your are departing from Nepal no need to show PCR negative report for the vaccineted ones.
Previous - Protocol for tourist to visit Nepal
A tourist who wants to come to Nepal have easy protocol comparing before
- All the tourist have to come to Nepal through registered travel and trekking company only
- Registered travel company provide a authorize letter for tourist to get on arrival visa of Nepal with the help of Nepal Tourist board, TAAN, and department of Immigration
- Tourist need to provide flight ticket, Travel insurance, passport copy, and 5 days Hotel booking confirmation
- There is no quarantine necessary, 5 days Hotel booking is only for formality
- Tourist need to bring 72 hours PCR negative report or anti-KOVID vaccination card (2 Dose)
- In the case of Indian tourist, only need to bring KOVID negative PCR report (72 hours) to enter Nepal. Indian vehicles are not allowed to enter from different Nepal Indian immigration.
- Tourist want to go restricted areas Like Upper Mustang, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, Tsum valley or similar, have to test KOVID once arrive in Nepal. Negative PCR report needs to obtain restricted area permit.
October 29, 2020
Nepal Ministry of culture, tourism, and civil aviation have issued guidelines for foreign tourists to come to Nepal for trekking tours and mountaineering. The following protocols is for up to another notification.
It shows that every tourist has to come to Nepal through any registered travel agent of Nepal during COVID pandemic until the next rules announce by the Nepal government.
Unlimited number of flights to arrive from 1st October
Nepal civil aviation authorized unlimited flight to arrive from 1st of October. There were limited flights before the date. From September,1 government only allowed 1600 passengers to land in only one international airport Kathmandu Nepal to control overcrowding for physical separation in arrival and departure terminal. There is still no any words either flights from India also be allowed from 1 October.
Most of the tourist who wants to come to Nepal does not feel comfortable with the new health protocol of Nepal. Stay in quarantine for a week time does not mean coming to Nepal this time. Tourist who already been waiting to come to Nepal for trekking, touring or for mountaineering was expected to get easy and comfortable protocol from Nepal government for the autumn season. Nepal tourism disturbs from the spring season of 2020 and was expected to resume from autumn. Months of spring and autumn are good tourist season in Nepal.
Mostly damaged tourist sector of Nepal keeps asking with the government to resume tourism activities by following safety measure. The new protocol issued by the government on 29 October is not matching with tourism entrepreneurs' plan as they wanted to reduce hotel quarantine time and make an easy way to take visa on arrival for all kind of tourist. This is unfortunate decision-making by government and sacrificing better revenue from the tourism sector. Entire tourism entrepreneurs having a hard time were expecting comfortable protocol to get some percentage of tourist from the month of November as the government decided tourist allow coming to Nepal from 17 November.
The situation looks like, only the expected arrival of tourist is from 2021. The main season is from the month of March to go mountain for trekking and mountaineering. Touring in Nepal is even suitable in January of February month.