Rara Lake is the biggest and deepest Lake where you can spend a short holiday and get an experience of western Nepal. 4 days Rara Lake tour starts from Kathmandu with a flight. Fly to Nepaljung from Kathmandu at first evening and overnight in Nepaljung to catch another morning flight to Rara (Talcha airport) From the airport, it is an 8-kilometer distance to Rara Lake and may take about 3 hours of hiking. Hiking today is a good way to explore part of western Nepal with beautiful landscapes and local peoples. When returning back from Rara to Talcha airport, we can use a local vehicle to transfer. There are few good resort types of accommodation around the Lake for overnight.
50 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung another flight from Nepaljung to Talcha airport which is 40 minutes flight, also known as Rara airport. Start the tour from 150-meter altitude Nepalgung reach to 2,735-meter altitude Talcha airport. Another 3 hours walking reach at the altitude of 2,990 meters Rara Lake to overnight. There is enough flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung operated by several airlines and few flights are operating from Nepaljung to Talcha airport by Sita, Tara and summit air.
3 days Rara Lake flight tour full video with information
3 Days Rara Lake flight tour Itinerary
Day 01: Fly Kathmandu Nepaljung and to Talcha airport. Trek to Rara Lake and explore. Overnight at hotel
- Please reach at least 1 hour before to Kathmandu domestic airport, your flight is at early in the morning
- Another boarding in Nepaljung airport for Talcha flight. It is morning flight and we will inform you flight time
- It is about 40 minutes flight Nepaljung to Talcha airport
- Land at Talcha airport, meet our guide and have Lunch
- Hiking about 3 hours to reach overnight place. It is about 30 minutes serious uphill and rest of the hiking route is flat and easy.
- Check-in Hotel. Dinner, and Overnight
* You can hire a horse cost 1500/if you want to ride from Talcha airport to Rara Lake instead of hiking
* The walking route is peaceful inside Rara National Park passing through scenic views, temples, and Beautiful Rara Lake
* You also have option to take Jeep drive. It is about 40 minutes driving up to the point. from there you again have to walk another 1 hours to reach Hotel. A Jeep cost 3500 in total one way
Day 02: Activities in Rara Lake, Hiking, village tour, and overnight stay at the Hotel on the bank of the Lake
- After breafkast in 7am, you can plan to hike Murma top. If you are not physically fit for this hikking, you can choose to stay around Rara Lake or just to hike up to Murma village. Murma top hiking is 3 hours of serious uphill hiking reaching up to 4000 meters altitude / Option not hike to the top and walking tour around Rara Lake
- 2 Hours downhill hiking back
- On the way visit Murma village
- Back to Hotel for Lunch
- Rest of time can spend walking tour around the bank of Rara lake
* Murma top hiking can hire a horse that cost you 1500 per horse
* If you hire a horse, a horse only able to carry you one way (Uphill), while coming back is serious downhill, and the horse can not carry you. You have to have walking down
* Suggest bringing enough drinking water and some dry foods
* From Murma top, you can see a mesmerizing view of Rara Lake, Panoramic mountain views, beautiful forest, and scenic hills. Get down through Murma village to explore the lifestyle of the local peoples.
Day 03 : After breakfast, Boating at Rara lake and start the way back to Talcha airport. Fly back to Nepaljung and then to Kathmandu. Tour end
- 8 am have to finish your breakfast
- If you want to make boating tour at the Lake, you can book by 8 am. (Boating tour is extra cost it is 100 - 500 per person)
- Hiking back to Talcha airport, which only takes about 2 and half hours.
- Lunch there and fly back to Nepaljung, then evening flight to Kathmandu. If lunch is not at Talcha due to an early flight, we will provide you Lunch at Nepaljung
* Boating at Rara lake and pristine experience in extra cost
* Option to hire horse or Jeep drive back to Talcha airport with extra cost