Kailash Kora is 3 days walking around Mount Kailash which is believed as holy walking. Local pilgrimage and Pilgrimage from all over the world involved in this Kora every year. Total 52-kilometer kora considers as one of the tough walkings in this tour. It begins from Darchen (the base of Mount Kailash) which is in the elevation of 4,575 meters. Reach at Derapuk (4,900 miters) as the first day via the valley of the God and Tarboche valley. The second day is from Derapuk (North Face of Kailash) to Juthulpuk (4,760m) via the highest Dolma La pass (5,645m). The third day Kora is easy going for 11 kilometers till the car stop. As per our experience, we can suggest 8 tips to make your Kailash Kora success.
01. Start physical exercise at least 6 months: Kailash kora is easy for those who are physically fit and have an experience of walking, hiking, and trekking. Those who are not having hiking and trekking experience suggest making regular physical exercise at least 6 months before your trip start. If it is possible, get an experience of trekking above 3000 miter altitude and improve the habit of hiking regularly. During Kailash Kora, walk starts from 4700 miter altitude, stays three days at above 4700 miters by crossing the highest Dolma La pass of 5,645 miters. Your body has to adjust at this high properly to make successful Kailash Kora.
02. Get enough acclimatization time before reaching a starting point of Kailash Kora: it is very important to get good acclimatization before reaching the point of Kailash Kora. Being very much fit in the high altitude needs several days’ as acclimatization with activities. When you enter Tibet, the first-day altitude is about 3700 meters. Be there for at least 2 nights, involve in small hiking or walking activities. Spend another few nights on the way.
03. Get energies by eating and drinking properly: it is most important to eat and drink properly. The first 1 or 2 days after entering high altitude, you may feel not eating anything and not drinking too. It is normal symptoms when you reach altitude. During this symptoms, suggest to drink enough water and eat soup items. It is much helpful to take garlic soup which helps in high altitude. Force to eat other foods that digest easily. If you do not eat, do not drink properly your bad health begins from here. Do not just sleep, walk around and get rest.
04. Travel with small groups for comfort and take care: Travel with small groups is much comfort instead of being in a huge group. Staff with your group can cover all the peoples and take care of them properly. A small help, taking care during Kailash Kora is a bigger help to success. It is also important to interact with all the participants, which helps to get support, encouragement that is only possible if you join the tour with a small group.
Mount Kailash north face from Derapuk 4,900m. We reach there on the first day of Kailash Kora.
05. Do not travel during full moon day or any other special occasion: Kailash region is almost overcrowded on special occasions like full moon days of every month and the Saga Dawa festival. During those periods lacks accommodation, lack of helpers, lack of yak and horses may disturb your Kailash Kora. Rules of local government may apply immediately at this moment not to allow peoples entering Kailash valley after Lake Manasarovar.
06. Do not be more excited: more excitement does not help your health. Be patient,
07. Travel during the best time of the year: The best time to travel to Kailash is from May to September. Other months are cold season. Early may still be ice at the walking path of Kailash Kora and from late September it could be the same. Being there from late May till early September is more suitable.
The highest pass to cross during Kailash Parikrama. Dolma La passes (5,645m) and it has to pass on the second day of Kailash Parikrama.
08. Walk with a personal helper: Mount Kailash Kora is 52 kilometers hard walking at the altitude of over 4500 meters. It is suggested hiring a local helper for your handbag during this time. So that you can carry sufficient drinking water, dry foods, and other items that you really need during day time. You won’t be many tiers if you walk without your handbag.
Patients of sugar and presser need to be very careful in high altitudes. It is a good suggestion not to participant in those peoples in Kailash kora/ Kailash Parikrama. They can reach up to Lake Mansarovar and to Yamadwar by drive and back. High altitude may kill if you even make small negligence.
Kailash tour is operated by registered tour and trekking companies of Nepal. Nepal Highland Treks is one of the registered trekking companies in Nepal and operating the Kailash tour from our established. Select your suitable tour with us. Kailash tour from Nepal with the help of the Nepali company is more reliable, no need to make any hard work for Kailash permit and visa. There are overland tours, Helicopter Tours, a tour through Lhasa by flight, and trekking to Simikot Limi valley and enter the Kailash region. Every tour category is including three days Kailash Parikrama, walking around Mount Kailash.